Porcupine Fish

Several times we saw porcupine fish.  These large fish are so interesting, with their spines, their huge child-like eyes, and their mouths that seem to be in perpetual, small smiles.  I don't think I was able to get photos of the first one we saw.  So when there was a second one, I tried really hard to get a photo.  Although I swam very hard, the fish was just always ahead of me so I never got a face shot - this was the best I could do.

 

The next time I had the chance, I worked really hard to get a face shot - and it took quite awhile!!  This smaller porcupine fish was very obliging, however, as I swam around it for some time.

 
 
 

And finally, I got the face shot!!!

 

The same snorkel I saw a larger porcupine fish which had some facial scarring (healed up).  This was the best shot I could get.


These porcupine fish were really cool!!!  It would be really fascinating to see one with its spines out.

Comments

Popular Posts